Laparoscopic approach to weight loss surgery
All the procedures are performed Laparoscopically. When a Laparoscopic operation is performed, a small video camera inserted into the abdomen allows the surgeon to conduct and view the surgery on a video monitor.
The camera and surgical instruments are usually inserted through small incisions made in the abdominal wall.
Laparoscopic procedures for weight loss surgery employ the same principles as their ‘open’ counterparts and produce similar excess weight loss.
Compared to open surgery, some benefits of laparoscopic surgery include Faster recovery and return to pre-surgical level of activity.
Modern laparoscopic treatment offers the following advantages
- Short stay in hospital.
- Practically pain free.
- No wound related complications.
- Patients returns to work in less than a week.
- Low complication rate comparable to any other surgery.
- Improves overall quality of life (QOL).
All major surgery involves a certain level of risk. Risks involved with weight loss surgery vary according to procedure performed.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS FOR All WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY
Surgery should not be considered until all other options have been evaluated
- Weight loss surgery is not a cosmetic surgery.
- The decision to elect surgical treatment requires an assessment of the risk and benefit to you and the meticulous performance of the appropriate surgical procedure.
- The success of weight loss surgery is dependent on your long term lifestyle changes in diet, exercise and behavior modification.
- The website is designed to help and provide information on health care.
- We have tried to provide accurate and updated information as far as possible, however the website or Centre for Obesity Control (Agarwal Clinic) cannot be held responsible for the authenticity of the information provided.
- The website is meant to create awareness regarding healthcare by providing information about various diseases, symptoms and cure but it should not be considered as a substitute for medical advise or treatment by a licensed practitioner.
- The reviews and feedback provided in the website are those of the individuals and do not necessarily reflect Centre for Obesity Control (Agarwal Clinic) opinion.
- The results of the treatments would vary from person to person and its not a typical result common to all.