https://obesitysurgeryindia.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Post-surgery-exercise.jpg 796 1200 managerobesity http://obesitysurgeryindia.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/large-logo-2.jpg managerobesity2018-06-05 06:32:132018-06-05 06:32:13Building A Post Bariatric Exercise Plan
Building A Post Bariatric Exercise Plan
As you gear up to begin a new chapter in your life post your surgery, make exercise an indispensable part of your new life.
Here are some exercises that make up an all-rounded workout program:
- Once you have recovered from your surgery and have the go-ahead from your doctor, you can start off with some low-impact exercises.
- Walking is the best way to begin. It is simple, cost-free and helps build stamina. Start with a short bout of 10 minutes and slowly build on the time.
- Exercises like shoulder and arm rotations and leg lifts while sitting on a chair are a great way to mobilize the joints.
- About four weeks after surgery you should be able to increase the difficulty level, subject to your doctor’s approval.
- Cycling is a great exercise at this stage as it is more challenging than walking but, at the same time it does not risk the joints.
- Cycle outdoors or if the weather does not permit join a spinning class at the gym.
- If the incisions have healed completely, you can add swimming to your exercise schedule.
- Or, join a water aerobics class to add an element of fun and keep the motivation up.
- Once your body has got used to these exercises, it is time to add strength training to the mix.
- Strength training helps build muscle mass which is effective in burning more calories, strengthening the joints and improving balance and posture.
- Join a gym to do weight training under professional supervision and guidance.
- Yoga is also a great way to incorporate strength training in your workout plan.
Remember to start slow and build up gradually at a pace that is right for your body.
Exercise well but most importantly exercise safe!