Mini Gastric Bypass
Procedure Type Restrictive / Malabsorptive
- Stapling is used to create a medium, upper stomach pouch which restricts the amount of food to be consumed
- A portion of small bowel is bypassed thus delaying food from mixing with digestive juices to avoid complete calorie absorption.
- Average of 80% of excess body weight loss a year after surgery.
- Studies show that after 10 to 14 years, patient have maintained 80% of excess body weight loss.
- Study showed that 96% of certain associated health conditions were improved or resolved, including type II diabetes, sleep apnea, high blood pressure and depression.
- In most cases patient reports an early sense of fullness, combined with a sense of satisfaction, that reduces the desire to eat.
- The website is designed to help and provide information on health care.
- We have tried to provide accurate and updated information as far as possible, however the website or Centre for Obesity Control (Agarwal Clinic) cannot be held responsible for the authenticity of the information provided.
- The website is meant to create awareness regarding healthcare by providing information about various diseases, symptoms and cure but it should not be considered as a substitute for medical advise or treatment by a licensed practitioner.
- The reviews and feedback provided in the website are those of the individuals and do not necessarily reflect Centre for Obesity Control (Agarwal Clinic) opinion.
- The results of the treatments would vary from person to person and its not a typical result common to all.