Are you a proud mother of two children and have worked your way to achieve your pre-pregnancy weight. Or have you recently lost a significant amount of weight after Bariatric surgery? Lastly, have you recently put on lot of weight on your abdomen? The only problem is that the skin, muscles and fat in your abdominal region sag. Or maybe you have always wanted flat, six-pack abs, and no matter how many sit-ups you do, it’s just not happening. Sound familiar? If so, a tummy tuck may be an option to a shapely abdominal region. Dieting and exercise can tone the abdominal muscles, but they are not effective to correct that loose, sagging skin.
Abdominoplasty or a tummy tuck is a cosmetic procedure designed to flatten the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat and to tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall. Tummy tucks can dramatically reduce the appearance of a protruding abdomen
The surgeon will make an incision across the hipbone directly above the pubic area and separate the skin from the abdominal wall and will eventually tighten the skin and muscles by pulling them close together and stitching them into their new position along the bikini line. This procedure would not only remove excess skin from the abdominals, but will also remove the accumulated excess skin from the lower portion of the back. Some patients can opt for a mini tuck if most of their fat is carried below their navel.
- The website is designed to help and provide information on health care.
- We have tried to provide accurate and updated information as far as possible, however the website or Centre for Obesity Control (Agarwal Clinic) cannot be held responsible for the authenticity of the information provided.
- The website is meant to create awareness regarding healthcare by providing information about various diseases, symptoms and cure but it should not be considered as a substitute for medical advise or treatment by a licensed practitioner.
- The reviews and feedback provided in the website are those of the individuals and do not necessarily reflect Centre for Obesity Control (Agarwal Clinic) opinion.
- The results of the treatments would vary from person to person and its not a typical result common to all.