Procedure Type Restrictive
The Intra Gastric Balloon is a non-surgical aid in the treatment of obesity. The Intra Gastric Balloon is a soft, expandable, silicone balloon that is placed inside the stomach via endoscopy that enters through the mouth and into the stomach with or without sedation.
How Does the Intra Gastric Balloon Work?
A soft balloon fills a large portion of the stomach, and therefore reduces the capacity of the stomach. This creates a feeling of fullness for the patient and does not allow for overeating, therefore allowing the patient to effectively diet without feeling continuously hungry.
The first week you will be on a liquid and puree diet. After the first week, you can begin a solid diet with recommendations from the nutritionist.
During the six month period the balloon is in place, the Nutritionist will monitor your progress. You will receive education and training on nutrition and lifestyle changes for long-term success. After the BIB is removed, you will continue to meet our team for additional support and guidance if needed.
- Digestion and absorption is normal.
- When eating less the body draws the required energy from its own fat.
- The website is designed to help and provide information on health care.
- We have tried to provide accurate and updated information as far as possible, however the website or Centre for Obesity Control (Agarwal Clinic) cannot be held responsible for the authenticity of the information provided.
- The website is meant to create awareness regarding healthcare by providing information about various diseases, symptoms and cure but it should not be considered as a substitute for medical advise or treatment by a licensed practitioner.
- The reviews and feedback provided in the website are those of the individuals and do not necessarily reflect Centre for Obesity Control (Agarwal Clinic) opinion.
- The results of the treatments would vary from person to person and its not a typical result common to all.