Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
Procedure Type Restrictive
Approximately 2/3 of the stomach is stapled off. This results in a stomach, which is roughly the size and shape of a banana or Sleeve. Since this operation does not involve any “rerouting” or reconnecting of the intestines, it is a simpler operation than the gastric bypass.
Advantages of the Sleeve Gastrectomy
- It does not require disconnecting or reconnecting the intestines and food absorption is normal.
- It is a technically simpler operation than the gastric bypass.
- It is known to reduce hunger because hunger stimulating hormone producing part of stomach is removed.
- Unlike gastric bypass & gastric band, patients feels full with liquids as well.
Daily mandatory intake of protein with a multivitamin intake will prevent any possible nutritional deficiency. Special dietary advice is provided to post-op patients & regular follow up is essential.
- The website is designed to help and provide information on health care.
- We have tried to provide accurate and updated information as far as possible, however the website or Centre for Obesity Control (Agarwal Clinic) cannot be held responsible for the authenticity of the information provided.
- The website is meant to create awareness regarding healthcare by providing information about various diseases, symptoms and cure but it should not be considered as a substitute for medical advise or treatment by a licensed practitioner.
- The reviews and feedback provided in the website are those of the individuals and do not necessarily reflect Centre for Obesity Control (Agarwal Clinic) opinion.
- The results of the treatments would vary from person to person and its not a typical result common to all.